Deprecated: Function tribe_get_view is deprecated since version 5.13.0! Use On version 6.0.0 this function will be removed. Please refer to https://evnt.is/v1-removal for template customization assistance. instead. in /var/www/vhosts/400yearsforward.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5379
- This event has passed.
August 20, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Welcome by Virginia and Hampton officials followed by keynote address and musical performance.
Hosted by Mistress of Ceremonies Barbara Hamm Lee
· National Anthem performed by EMA Live
· Greeting by Mayor Tuck
· Welcome by 2019 Commemoration Co-Chairs Senator Norment and Delegate Cox
· Keynote address by American Journalist Roland Martin
· Official Greeting by Congressman Scott – Reading of letter from President Barack Obama
· Governor McAuliffe officially launches the 2019 Commemoration
· Godspeed Sail-By with Cannon Blast
· TRADOC Band Performance
Directions to Continental Park, please use the following:
Upon entering the Fort Monroe Peninsula at the light take the Right fork onto McNair Dr. Continuing on McNair, pass the Marina and as McNair Dr curves to the left at The Chamberlin it becomes Fenwick Rd. At the stop sign Continental Park will be visible on the right. For parking and pedestrian access to many areas of Fort Monroe, continue on Fenwick Rd, passing Engineer Wharf and the Old Point Comfort Lighthouse, then turn Right into the Outlook Beach parking area.